We are always in search of the biggest and best Cabernet Sauvignons from Napa Valley. We’ll take you to some wineries that you have probably heard of and/or some that you may have not. Either way, if you are a big red lover, you are guaranteed to have a great time.
Napa Valley has so many appellations that are perfect for big reds; Stags Leap, Rutherford, Mt Veeder, Howell Mountain and more. They have perfect soil and climate for the big reds, many styles and varietals of reds. Cabernet, merlot, cab franc, malbec, and blends of Bordeaux or 100% cabernets are available.
A number of wineries we frequent for the Napa Big Red Tour:
- Deldatto offers cave tasting and is a great spot if you like to do barrel tasting and bottle your favorite Cabernet.
- The boutique private winery, Vine Cliff
- Quintessa, with big Napa cabs
- Darioush Winery with fantastic shiraz and cabs in different styles
- Castello de Amorosa features Italian varietals
- The private estate of Patland Estate Vineyards
Most Napa Valley wineries are by appointment and offer cheese and wine tasting available in private areas.